Hoppa till innehåll

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes!

Gamer 1
 Dela

Rekommendera inlägg

E3 Preview- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

Last year at E3, we were introduced to a 14 second video of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Though the game had no official name at that time, it still managed to leave us breathless, amazed, and asking for more. For a year, Nintendo and Retro kept a careful lid over the game, keeping it locked away form the world, and we were left with only our expectations. But finally, after a grueling wait for answers, Echoes revealed itself at this year’s E3, and what we saw was even greater than anything predicted.

Planet Aether: Light or Dark?

This time around, it seems that our heroine, Samus, explores the vast regions of the planet Aether. This planet was hit by a phazon asteroid, which split it into a Light world and a Dark world. Each world echoes the other, but has its own enemies and areas. The Light world is inhabited by the peaceful Luminoth. Slowly, they and the Light world are being engulfed by the Dark world and its war-loving residents, the Ing Horde. Besides holding those and many other foul creatures, the Dark world also has a poisonous atmosphere, which harms Samus if she walks freely through it. As of now, Samus uses special crystals to go through the dark world, but will there be an upgrade that will allow Samus to move through the venomous air on her own?

Return of the Pirates

The space pirates will also be making a return this time around. Apparently the phazon asteroid left a large chunk of the stuff on Aether. Now the space pirates are entering the planet’s Dark world in an attempt to mine the material. According to Retro though, the pirates aren’t the main enemy (as they were in the first prime) instead, the antagonistic focus is shifted towards the Ing and other residents of the Dark world.

Brand New Abilities, Same Ol’ Goodness

To cope with a strange new world, Samus of course has to find new weapons! After being beat up by an Ing at the beginning of the game, Samus lost many of her abilities, so embarking on her usual scavenger hunt around the planet. Among the most noted of these new weapons are the light and Dark beams. Samus uses these beams to travel to and from the light and dark worlds; the light beam transports you to the light world, and the dark beam to the dark. Also, the light beam is extremely effective on dark enemies, and vise versa with the dark beam. But be warned: both beams have limited ammo, so don’t go using it all up! Don’t worry; there are other weapons you can use to pulverize your enemies, missiles among them, returning with a multi-target feature. We’re not sure how it works, but it sure will be nice to clear out an entire room full of enemies with just one shot!

Another wonderful addition to your lethal arsenal is…the screw attack! It’s making its debut on the Cube in Echoes, but as of now, we don’t even know if it will be a way of attacking! Nintendo has said that it may be more of a way of travel, such as crossing ravines, and that they might use it as an attack. I say this: You can’t call it the screw attack if it isn’t used for attacking!

Wait a minute…Multiplayer?!

The most controversal part of this game has to be the new multiplayer feature. Now, I know what you’re thinking: Metroid and Multiplayer? Is it even possible to combine the two together? Nintendo seems to think so, but still many fans are torn between love and hate, making it the ultimate item of curiosity.

When you use the multiplayer, up to 4 people can play at one time, using tons of different attacks on one another, including the ability to “hack” another player, sending a virus through their system, slowly draining their life away. This multi-Metroid sounds very promising, and I know I can’t wait to try it out on my little cousins! And I know that many people like me are hoping that this will become a blessing to the game, instead of a curse.

The Mystery Within…

Something is stalking Samus throughout the game, and it isn’t just the Ing. A mysterious entity is following Samus, and growing more powerful and terrifying every moment. From what has been seen of this creature, it seems to be a dark version of Samus. Is this creature a reborn Metroid Prime? Or a new terror we’ve never seen before?

So many things have been revealed about Echoes, but so much is still just out of our reach. From what I have heard, this game is going to be amazing, multiplayer or not. Who knows; Echoes may even turn out to be even better than its predecessor, Metroid Prime. Only time will tell, and only Nintendo and Retro know the answer.

läs igenom sidan bättre nästa gång,grabbar <_<

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sajter

Dela

• Skapa ny...